Ever since I was a kid, I've had an attachment to books. They grew my imagination and let me 'travel' to places near and far long before I had two nickels to rub together. I'll never be one to switch to reading on a Kindle.....I need to feel and smell the pages. Yes, I smell the pages of musty old books at used book stores. And not ashamed to admit it. Which is why I think today's shop, Frostbeard Studio, is the perfect small gift for any book lover. They make small batch soy candles named after some classic novels & smells reminiscent of bookstores and coffee shops.
It's like I can almost smell them......
I'm dying to smell Old Books in person (see above)....they describe it as a combination of paper, dust, newsprint, with a hint of vanilla. Done & done.
There's a whole book lovers line which could make for a great gift basket. A few of my favorites are (see if you can guess the novels):
- Gatsby's Mansion (hints of champagne fizz, sea mist, & daisy). Get it...Daisy?!? Clever folks.
- Through the Wardrobe (smells of Aspen winter, apple wood, & spruce tree).
- Pemberly Gardens (fresh roses with a hint of lilac & hyacinth)
- The Shire (oakmoss, clover, aloe, with a hint of cherry pipe tobacco)
- Wizardry Buttery Drink (butterscotch overtones, with hints of creme brûlée and butter rum)
Head over to Frostbeard's Etsy shop and see all of the options - they have some gift sets and can even do wedding & party favors. Now, let's all grab an old musty book and dive into our imaginations for a bit - Reading Rainbow style. See you tomorrow with another awesome shop!